National Coming Out Day is coming up (October 11) and I just want to remind everyone:
1) Please do not out anyone (even if you “think you are doing them a favor.” Trust me when I say you aren’t) and make sure you don’t accidentally do so.
2) It is okay to be in the closet. Please do not feel pressure to/obligated to come out because there so happens to be a Coming Out Day. (Do it for you if it’s what you want).
3) don’t “come out” as LGBT+ as a joke. Don’t “come out” as kinky/a furry/whatever, either.
4) Don’t force/coerce your friends and/or loved ones to come out, and do not get mad at them if they choose to stay closeted.
5) don’t come out as an ally